I John 4:7-10

Paige brought this to me today... these are her words.

A Lovely Rose
In Bethlehem a seed was planted.
A seed of love to take sin away.
I think the farmer knew what he was doing.
When he planted the seed into the earth.
And I think Mary knew, this seed was a rose, a lovely rose.
This rose began to grow.
And thorns it bore.
It's color red, blood red.
I think the rose knew what was in store when he grew on the sinful earth.
I think this rose was a sin free rose, a lovely rose.
And as storm clouds began to crowd, this rose bore pain without a doubt.
And it hung upon the cross.
His life laid down and then he died...for me.
And in the grave, he lay for three days.
Then, this rose was free, free from death.
I think he went to heaven and left the earth.
To see his father's face and come back home.
I think this rose was a great rose, a lovely rose.

Comments

  1. Wow,Paige! I am absolutely blown away!!! You made your Heavenly Father smile with that lovely bit of artistic and meaningful beauty. Thank you for sharing that on your blog, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I echo Jeane's comment! What a GREAT picture of what Christ did for us. I don't think I'll ever look at a rose the same way! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she gets it. she really gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts