Oh...Angelina...

So, as of late I have been reading a book, and watching several programs and even some movies that have disgruntled middle aged women who are angry and bitter over there "wasted" life. These are typically mothers who have "sacrificed" their time and thier energy and thier careers to be an at home mom. I remember from a recent movie, Diane Keaton saying to her grown son, "what have I to even show for my life? I haven't accomplished ANYTHING of value."

This is really starting to tick me off...

I thought about this long and hard and wondered for one thing if there might ever be a time in my life that I look back on these days and think, "ugh. I wasted my time, abilities, career for what? For this?"

I don't know. Maybe I will. Maybe I am tempted to do that on any given day. When I think about the lady that works the high paying, high risk job, who is able to use all of her God-given abilities and gifts to make a huge difference in this world, I have to stop and think of my own life. What do I really think about this?

There certainly are those women who have it all...like Angelina. She does the mommy thing and is also an ambassador for World Relief somthing or other....

Am I wasting my life?

I have sat looking at the computer screen for a full five minutes. I want to be honest. I don't want to sound cliche. I don't want to spiritualize this. I know the right answer.

I am sitting here in my office wearing sweaty clothes from my recent walk and my hair is an absolute mess and my eyeliner from last night has made me look like an honest to goodness racoon. I have a dirty house, my kids need a shower, there is laundry to be done, schoolwork to be completed, dishes in my sink and beds to be made. And after I am done cleaning it all up, it will be there for me tomorrow morning. Some girls have a fairy godmother, mine is just mean. She does the opposite. She creates more work.

But, you know. I wouldn't change my life for all of the STUFF in the world. I was just outside wathching my girls riding thier bikes with the sun hitting thier precious faces, and the wind catching thier hair. They looked really happy. Really happy. They looked like children.

I am a better, stronger, woman because of being a mother. I am not well-read, but I am loved. I am cherished. I am needed.

I can't think of a better way to "waste" my life than this...

Comments

Popular Posts